Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Independence Day Outfit






I loved how light this dress from H&M was on such a hot day yesterday. Because it was so flowy and bohemian I tried to ground it with some classic 50's inspired accessories to make it more my style. 

This type of sleeve is really in right now, and I'm glad I was finally able to find an outfit where it worked for me. The necklace is refashioned from one from the Dressing Your Truth Store and the vintage shoes I picked up at a yard sale, it looked like they had never been worn. 

By the way, did you know that you can get 15% off your entire purchase at H&M when you bring in two bags of old fabric (clothes, lines, etc.) to be recycled? I did it when I got this dress last week. It was a little awkward hauling a couple old bags of clothes through our nice mall, but I would say it was worth the discount and feeling good about recycling. Plus, it motivated me to clean out my closet and get rid of old clothes before I got new ones. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the dress it would look great paired with bright yellow, or a wide red belt as well. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, those our some great ideas. I love yellow!

      Delete