Monday, October 24, 2016

Fall Outfit: Marigold and Dark Green



I've had a lot of fun with fall color combinations this year. I think I'm finally getting it. As a person with winter coloring in the Color Me Beautiful system, or similar systems, I'd probably had the most trouble with fall colors before. I would usually just skip the season and go from wearing summer colors late in the season to winter colors early.

What I've learned this year is that fall is really about mixing fall and winter colors. Take a hue and mix it with a jewel color, this allows you to mix colors that would normally very vibrant, but adding a jewel toned item grounds the outfit.

The next step is to embrace texture. I found these green suede hush puppies at a thrift store. The pants are from H&M and are my first attempt at treggings (trouser as leggings). I've liked them. They are almost as comfortable as leggings and I can still wear them to work. The crochet top I've had for years, I think I picked it up from Marshals.


2 comments:

  1. Great styling, I like your yellow top :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh yes this is a great color combo! One that is unexpected but totally works. I will be trying this soon ;)

    ReplyDelete